Reproduction in Lower and Higher Plants Multiple Choice Question For MHTCET and NEET exam
1.Each monothecous anther contains two____.
ANSWER= B) Pollan Sacs
2.In dithecous anther _____ pollen sacs are present.
3.In dithecous anther four pollen sacs are present, Therefore, it is_____
4.The archesporial cell divides into _____
ANSWER=C) Both A and B
5.Which is the outermost protective layer made up of tabular (flattened) cells.
ANSWER= A) Epidermis
6.Which is sub-epidermal layer made up of radially elongated cells.
ANSWER= C) Endothecium
7.Which is the inner most nutritive layer of anther wall in TS Of Anther?
ANSWER= B) Tapetum
8.haploid microspores is called as?
ANSWER= D) pollen grains
9.microspore is surrounded by a two layered wall called?
ANSWER= C) sporoderm
10.The outer layer of microspore exine is thick and made up of complex, non-biodegradable, substance called,______
ANSWER= B) sporopollenin
11. In microspores exine is very thin showing thin areas known as_____
ANSWER= D) germ-pores
12. The inner wall layer of microspore_____
ANSWER= C) intine
13. Pollen grain marks the begining of_____
ANSWER= B) male gametophyte
14. The vegetative cell is_____/p>
ANSWER= A) rich in food and having irregular shaped nucleus
15. The mitotic division of generative cell takes place in _____
ANSWER= A) pollen tube
16. Female reproductive whorl of flower is _____
ANSWER= C) gynoecium
17. Individual member of gynoecium is called_____
ANSWER= D) carpel
18. A flower with many, free carpels is called_____
ANSWER= B) apocarpous
20. _____flower is one that has many carpels fused together
ANSWER= C) syncarpous
20. carpel does NOT consist of which of the Following?
ANSWER= C) Embryo sac
21. Each ovule develops inside the ovary and is attached to the_____
ANSWER= B) placenta
22. The place of attachment of funiculus with the main body of ovule, is called_____
ANSWER= A) hilum
23. In angiosperms, the most common type of ovule is_____
ANSWER= D) anatropous
24. A narrow opening at the apex of the ovule is called_____
25._______is oval multicellular structure embedded in the nucellus
ANSWER= D) Embryo sac
26._______is the process of formation of haploid megaspores from diploid
ANSWER= C) megaspore mother cell
27.In Development of female gametophyte One nucleus from each pole migrates towards the centre and are called_____
ANSWER= C) polar nuclei
28.Three nuclei towards micropylar end constitute_____
ANSWER= D) egg apparatus
29.In female Gametophyte Synergid shows hair like projections called filiform apparatus_____
ANSWER= B) filiform apparatus
30.The two haploid polar nuclei of large central cell fuse to form diploid_____
ANSWER= A) secondary nucleus